Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dollar Shaped Hands



Early last year, rapper and personal friend of mine Haz collaborated with a local alternative rock band called People as Animals. The performance was at a local venue in Ft. Myers, Florida. In a recent interview with the rapper, he told me about his experience performing with the band and how the awesome collaboration came into play.

"It was a spur of the moment thing. A high school friend, Timothy Flynn, was filling in as a drummer for the band, and while rehearsing their songs he got the idea that there was a song that would sound good with some rapping on it - during the breakdown in the song.

We only had two days to put everything together: meeting the band, listening to the song, writitng the lyrics, and preparing for the performance. I went to Tim's house and met the band. They played the song for me, I memorized the melody, went home and wrote my verse, and then I met with Tim the next day and rapped my verse for him. We met with the band later at the venue and performed the song - that was the first time the band got to hear my verse.

The band liked it and so did the crowd. It was a fun experience venturing into that world of music. It was dope."


Below is the video of the performance for Dollar Shaped Hands - People as Animals feat. Haz.

Enjoy..



I will be posting the full interview with PayUp Game's co-founder by next week. In the interview, Haz and I discuss what PayUp is and his upcoming EP project. You can visit Haz's Myspace music page to hear his music: www.myspace.com/hazofpayup

1 comment: